SubjectRe: Uncorrectable Error on IDE, significant accumulation
Konstantin Kletschke wrote the following on 10/20/2003 04:53 PM :

>Can a bad Powersupply or weak mainboard create Uncorrectable Errors on
>HDDs? Again only a question to experience of this community...

It certainly can temporarily (under load).

Try offloading some power strain by removing some peripherals (CD-ROM,
non-mandatory disk drive) and see if it solves your problem.

I might be mistaken (don't know the exact behavior of drive electronics)
but it seems unlikely that a bad PSU with underrated voltage could
damage a drive (overrated voltage is another matter). Usually under spec
PSUs fail to produce enough juice under load and the system simply
becomes unstable.

Best regards,

--
Lionel Bouton - inet6
o Siege social: 51, rue de Verdun - 92158 Suresnes

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans