    SubjectRe: Blockbusting news, results are in
    Larry McVoy wrote:

    >I've told you guys over and over that you need to CRC the data in user
    >space, we do that in our backup scripts and it tells us when the drives
    >are going bad. S

    Why do the CRC in user space, that requires modifying every one of 7000+ applications (if I understand you correctly, which is far from a sure thing;-) )?

    Write a reiser4 CRC file plugin. It would take a weekend, and most of the work would be cut and pasting from the default file plugin..

    I understand why you do it in BK, but for user space as a whole user space is the wrong place.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.025 / U:0.848 seconds]