SubjectRe: HighPoint 374
From

> i have the same problems with epox 8k9a3+,
> and may be even strange ones
> (like fs coruption when soft raid & / or lvm is used)

I've seen the filesystem corruption with ext3 & xfs
and RAID1 (md) as well. However, I don't seem to
be able to get that far nowadays, as the machine
is being used as NFS-server and thefore there is
always "too much" disk-transfers going on and an
IDE-system hang happens quite soon after boot.
(it seems that my raid-disks get out of sync every time
I switch from proprietary driver --> kernel driver
and so it might be the raid resync that hangs the system).

> and i never had the problems with 8k5a3+,
> the drives were actually taken from the 8k5a3+
> when it died (me silly tried to update to XP2700)
>
> really strange, isn't it
>
> both boards should be the same, except
> 8k5a3+ uses kt333
> 8k9a3+ uses kt400

Yep, but it cannot be strictly via-chipset issue
as I have verified that the same problem exists
with Epox 4PCA3+ motherboard, which is P4 & Intel 875P
based.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:2.049 / U:0.544 seconds]