Subjectasynchronous notification
Date
Hello

i have a problem sending signals from kernel thread using kill_fasync( ) to
an user space process which has registered to the device driver through
fcntl( ) for asynchronous notification. I assume this is due to the
difference in the context from kernel process (to which the user process
has registered) to the kernel thread .

So i decided to use kill_proc( ) to send a signal from the kernel thread.
Since i m using kill_proc( ) i m not registering any process for
asynchronous notification and i m doing this registration manually by
geting the necessary information like 'pid', 'fd' etc...and maintaining
this info.This method works perfectly fine.

Please let me know if there is any drawback in this non-conventional
method.
Please give me details in either case.

Thank you.

Suresh S

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.022 / U:0.032 seconds]