SubjectRe: make htmldocs
On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 11:46:02AM +0200, Erik Mouw wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 06:55:39PM +0200, Karel Kulhav? wrote:
> > *** You need to install DocBook stylesheets ***
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > 1) What is DocBook stylesheets?
>
> Standard SGML representation system for technical documents.

Is it a program, set of documents or what? Is it self-contained
anywhere so I can download that at once?

Coul you please point me to a specification of an object called
"DocBook stylesheets"?

> > 2) How do I install DocBook stylesheets?
>
> Depends on distribution.

How do I determine what distribution I have? I have compiled my whole system
manually.

Asking again: how do I install "DocBook stylesheets"?

> > 3) Bugreport: there should be written
> > "Linux kernel depends on DocBook stylesheets. You may download DocBook
> > stylesheets here-and-there." in README
>
> Depends on distribution. We also don't tell for every distribution
> where to get gcc and how to install it.

Do you say that the place where DocBook stylesheet sources can be downloaded
depends on distribution I have? I have been looking at their sourceforge
project page but there is nothing like "download DocBook stylesheets".
There are DocBook-dsssl and a ton of other cryptic packages but none of them
is stylesheets.

If there doesn't exist any distribution-idependent installation process
for "DocBook stylesheets", then "DocBook stylesheets" is not portable,
and transitively, "Linux Kernel" is not portable. Could you please
recommend me some other open-source free operating system where I don't
need to have a "distribution" to be even able to read it's enclosed
documentation? I have been using Linux Kernel for 7 years but can't anymore
because I am unable to read it's manual.

Cl<

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.297 / U:0.028 seconds]