Subject[2.7TH 0.4]Thoughts
2.7TH0.4 (thoughts)

Thanks to Gabor, Stuart, Stephan and others
Don't hesitate to send me more or comments !

Ok, stuff has been sorted and some links added.

Regards,
Fabian

Mandatory features

* Hotplug CPU (Done experimental against 2.4.X) - RAM
* Standard kernel building (Minimum, Full options, Detection ...)
* LVM (http://www.vinumvm.org)
* Slab allocation quota
* Ntfs full support
* Kernel Web - Gopher server
-Interfaced to Zippel config tool
-http://fabian.unixtech.be/kernel/ks.html
* Complete user quota centralization
* Add _responsibilities_ for virtual process tree and possible
relation in oops cases
* Does the whole proc vm stuff root/box relevant ?I don't think
so....Hence, those proc entries deserve security relevant attributes
* Devices should be limited as well against bad usage(floppy defect),
viral activity(netcard rush)...
* Improve kobject model for security, quota rendering
* Bind mount support for all general mount options (nodev,ro,noexec etc)
with SECURE implementation with any (maybe even future) filesystems?
* Guaranteed i/o bandwidth allocation
* Netfilter's ability to do tricks which OpenBSD can do now with its
packet filter
* ENBD support in official kernel with enterprise-class 'through the
network' volume management
* /proc interface alternative to modutils/module-init-tools.
That is, to have a directory of virtual nodes in /proc
to provide the functionality of insmod, rmmod, lsmod &
modprobe would be great -- especially from the viewpoint
of recue disk images, etc.
* Virtual machine support
* IPC to sysfs (http://fabian.unixtech.be/kernel/ipctosysfs.html)

More informations needed:

* Kernel object model :
-What's wrong with kobject ?

Already in:

* Software RAID 0+1 perhaps?
A lot of hardware RAID cards support it, why not the
kernel? By RAID 0+1 I mean mirror-RAIDing two (or more)
stripe-RAID arrays. (Or can this be done already?)
Kevin :
This can be done using evms, mdadm, raidtools