SubjectRe: freed_symbols [Re: People, not GPL [was: Re: Driver Model]]

> A company makes a new device that could run under Linux.
> This device uses some standard gate-arrays. Because of
> this, some gate-array bits need to be loaded upon startup.
> The company knows that if the competition learns that a
> gate-array was used, instead of an ASIC, the competition
> could clone the whole device in a few weeks, thereby
> stealing a few million dollars of development effort.

Since when is creating compatible hw called stealing?!
If this was such a big problem, nothing prevents you
from putting ROM with those magic bits... How much is
that? _5?
Written on sharp zaurus, because my Velo1 broke. If you have Velo you don't need...