    SubjectRe: freed_symbols [Re: People, not GPL [was: Re: Driver Model]]
    Hi!

    > A company makes a new device that could run under Linux.
    > This device uses some standard gate-arrays. Because of
    > this, some gate-array bits need to be loaded upon startup.
    >
    > The company knows that if the competition learns that a
    > gate-array was used, instead of an ASIC, the competition
    > could clone the whole device in a few weeks, thereby
    > stealing a few million dollars of development effort.

    Since when is creating compatible hw called stealing?!
    If this was such a big problem, nothing prevents you
    from putting ROM with those magic bits... How much is
    that? _5?
    --
    Pavel
    Written on sharp zaurus, because my Velo1 broke. If you have Velo you don't need...