Subject2.5.54-mjb3 (scalability / NUMA patchset)
Yeah, I know I'm "fashionably late", but I wanted to clear down some
stuff before porting to 2.5.55. Will do that tommorow.

The patchset contains mainly scalability and NUMA stuff, and anything
else that stops things from irritating me. It's meant to be pretty stable,
not so much a testing ground for new stuff.

I'd be very interested in feedback from anyone willing to test on any platform, however large or small.

http://www.aracnet.com/~fletch/linux/2.5.54/patch-2.5.54-mjb3.bz2

Since 2.5.54-mjb2 (tweaked NUMA-Q patches, added Summit support)

~ cleanup_cpu_apicid Martin J. Bligh
~ smpboot_cam Martin J. Bligh
+ summit1 James Cleverdon / John Stultz
+ summit2 James Cleverdon / John Stultz
+ summit3 James Cleverdon / John Stultz
+ summit4 James Cleverdon / John Stultz

Also reordered a bunch of stuff.

Pending:
Speed up page init on boot (Bill Irwin)
Notsc automatic enablement
scheduler callers profiling (Anton)
PPC64 NUMA patches (Anton)
Scheduler tunables (rml)
Lockless xtime structures (Andi)

kallsyms Andi Kleen / Daniel Ritz
Fix stem compression bug.

apicid_to_node Martin Bligh
Create an machine specific apicid_to_node for everyone

i386_topo Matt Dobson
Some i386 topology cleanups to make it cache the data.

do_boot_error James Cleverdon
Change do_boot_cpu to return an error code instead of fishing globally

more_numaq1 James Cleverdon / Martin Bligh
yet more Numa-Q subarch splitup

cleanup_cpu_apicid Martin J. Bligh
Cleanup & simplify the apicid <-> cpu mapping stuff I put in ages ago.

smpboot_cam Martin J. Bligh
Remove clustered_apic_mode stuff from smpboot.c

nuke_clustered_apic Martin J. Bligh
Kill clustered_apic_mode and CONFIG_CLUSTERED_APIC forever.

fix_starfire_warning Martin Bligh
Fix trivial starfire compile warning that keeps annoying me.

shpte Dave McCracken
Shared pagetables (as a config option)

dcache_rcu Dipankar / Maneesh
Use RCU type locking for the dentry cache.

early_printk Dave Hansen et al.
Allow printk before console_init

confighz Andrew Morton / Dave Hansen
Make HZ a config option of 100 Hz or 1000 Hz

config_page_offset Dave Hansen / Andrea
Make PAGE_OFFSET a config option

vmalloc_stats Dave Hansen
Expose useful vmalloc statistics

numasched1 Erich Focht
Numa scheduler general foundation work + pooling

numasched2 Michael Hohnbaum
Numa scheduler lightweight initial load balancing.

local_pgdat Bill Irwin
Move the pgdat structure into the remapped space with lmem_map

thread_info_cleanup (4K stacks pt 1) Dave Hansen / Ben LaHaise
Prep work to reduce kernel stacks to 4K

interrupt_stacks (4K stacks pt 2) Dave Hansen / Ben LaHaise
Create a per-cpu interrupt stack.

stack_usage_check (4K stacks pt 3) Dave Hansen / Ben LaHaise
Check for kernel stack overflows.

4k_stack (4K stacks pt 4) Dave Hansen
Config option to reduce kernel stacks to 4K

notsc Martin Bligh
Enable notsc option for NUMA-Q (new version for new config system)

numameminfo Martin Bligh / Keith Mannthey
Expose NUMA meminfo information under /proc/meminfo.numa

kgdb Andrew Morton / Various People
The older version of kgdb, synched with 2.5.54-mm1

noframeptr Martin Bligh
Disable -fomit_frame_pointer

-mjb Martin Bligh
Add a tag to the makefile

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.107 / U:0.184 seconds]