SubjectRe: [Linux-fbdev-devel] Re: rotation.
From
On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 12:05:48PM +0000, John Bradford wrote:

> > > But you could also provide driver hooks for the chips which have
> > > such a rotation feature included (don't know if such exist, but i
> > > suppose they do, or may in the future).
>
> It would be nice to have an option to be able to do the rotation
> entirely in software - some desktop users might prefer to have a
> portait-orientated display, when their graphics card doesn't have any
> hardware rotation facilities at all.

Well, that is James plan. I suppose that for hardware that can do
hardware rotation, it will be faster to do it instead of having the
software do it though, and thus it would be nice to have a driver hook
or something.

This way, if rotation is asked, then if the driver supports hardware
rotation, do it, and if not, do it in software.

At first, no driver will support hardware rotation anyway, so it would
be done in software.

And then, you reuse the same stuff to drive a chinese console or
something such.

Friendly,

Sven Luther

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.114 / U:0.128 seconds]