    SubjectRe: [Linux-fbdev-devel] Re: rotation.
    Date

    > > > Where are you going to implement the rotation? At the fbcon or
    > > > fbdev level?
    > > >
    > > > Fbcon has the advantage that it'll work for all frame buffer
    > > > devices.
    > >
    > > But you could also provide driver hooks for the chips which have
    > > such a rotation feature included (don't know if such exist, but i
    > > suppose they do, or may in the future).

    It would be nice to have an option to be able to do the rotation
    entirely in software - some desktop users might prefer to have a
    portait-orientated display, when their graphics card doesn't have any
    hardware rotation facilities at all.

    John.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.033 / U:30.368 seconds]