SubjectA humble request for help
Hi Everyone,

I'm currently working on a thesis investigating how Open Source is
affected by the influence of money and the interests of commercial
companies. As the Linux Kernel efforts is the foundation of many
companies it is interesting to study how their entrance to the scene
have affected the community.

The thesis as well as research papers surrounding it will be released
under the GNU Free Documentation License and as soon as the first drafts
are available they will be published so that the community may comment
upon it.

In order to improve the research, it would be great if you guys could
spend a few minutes on this one. I have included below a list of the
most active persons on this mailinglist during the year 2002. I have
tried to establish their employer as far as e-mail adresses and google
could help me out, but there are lots of unknowns, and probably some
errors too. So please, send me patches.

Also, if you belive that there are others who should be on this list, or
someone who shouldn't please let me know.

If there are someone out there who would be willing to answer some more
detailed questions, such as how long they've been doing Open Source
development as a source of income and how they think it have affected
them and their efforts, please drop me a line. I'd be forever grateful.
I am also very interested in interviewing developers who are major
contributors on their free-time.

Alan Cox,RedHat
Andrew Morton,Moxi.com
David S. Miller,RedHat
Linus Torvalds,Transmeta
Greg Kh,Wirex ?
Jeff Garzik,Mandrake Software
Daniel Phillips,Innominate
Dave Jones,SuSE
Pavel Machek,SuSE
Rik Van Riel,Conectiva
William Lee Irwin III,IBM
Rusty Russell,LinuxCare
Robert Love,MontaVista Software
Ingo Molnar,RedHat
Jens Axboe,SuSE
Martin Dalecki,Evision Ventures?
Andrea Arcangeli,SuSE
Christoph Hellwig,Caldera International
Andre Hedrick,SuSe
Bill Davidsen,TMR Associates
Russell King,ARM Ltd
Alexander Viro,RedHat
Keith Owens,SGI
Zwane Mwaikambo,Unknown / Self-financed
Thunder From The Hill,Unknown / Self-financed
Martin J. Bligh,IBM
Vojtech Pavlik,SuSE
H. Peter Anvin,Transmeta
Richard B. Johnson,Analogic Corporation
Andi Kleen,SuSE
Roman Zippel,Unknown / Self-financed
Adrian Bunk,Unknown / Self-financed
Larry McVoy,BitMover
Andreas Dilger,Cluster File Systems, Inc
Eric W. Biederman,Unknown / Self-financed
Denis Vlasenko,Unknown / Self-financed
James Simmons,Transvirtual
George Anzinger,MontaVista Software
Adam J. Richter,Yggdrasil
Anton Altaparmakov,Unknown / Self-financed
Davide Libenzi,Unknown / Self-financed
Andries Brouwer,Unknown / Self-financed
Arnaldo Carvalho De Melo,Conectiva
Benjamin Lahaise,RedHat
Tomas Szepe,Unknown / Self-financed
Randy.Dunlap,OSDL
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk,Unknown / Self-financed
Rob Landley,Unknown / Self-financed
Trond Myklebust,Unknown / Self-financed
David Woodhouse,RedHat

Best Regards,

Stefan Görling

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.056 / U:0.068 seconds]