    SubjectRe: Honest does not pay here ...
    On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 09:57:25AM +0000, Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:
    > Install Linux for your grandma, show her how to use it and then don't
    > answer her phone calls for about two weeks. Rinse. Repeat with
    > Windows. You will be surprised about the outcome. Rinse. Repeat with a
    > non-english speaker and a localized version of Linux / Windows. You
    > will be surprised even more. BTDTGTT.

    Rather than "moaning", if do you have such good ideas
    for improving distributions could you not simply contribute,
    to the Debian desktop project for example?

    I agree, the distributions are not quite ready yet,
    but a few good ideas and emails a week may actually
    make the difference.

    Alex

    --
    One of the hundreds of KDE contributors