    SubjectRe: Why is Nvidia given GPL'd code to use in closed source drivers?
    Andrew Walrond wrote:

    > I am in almost complete agreement with you regarding the benefits of
    > free drivers.
    >
    > But my point has evolved from this argument over nvidia and I extended
    > the principles to my business to see where it would lead.
    >
    > I don't see rms saying "Non free software is bad, except games"

    Well, I don't speak for rms, and I think there is a rather big
    difference between drivers and games. I understand economic
    motives. Of course you don't give away games when that is a total
    loss. Giving away driver code (or at least programming specs)
    wouldn't be a loss to nvidia though - because users would still
    need to buy those cards.

    Helge Hafting

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.021 / U:30.840 seconds]