SubjectRe: Linux iSCSI Initiator, OpenSource (fwd) (Re: Gauntlet Set NOW!)
Andre Hedrick wrote:

> Richard,
>
> Can you admit the follow, that GPL has everything to control
> redistribution, and has ZERO context for copyright. The holders of the
> copyright control the issues.

RMS didn't understand this paragraph, and neither did I. Would you
please clarify?

> See your whole hook is "Derivative Works" well, I implimented a protocol.
> It works regardless of platform or OS. All it uses are simple and
> standard kernel services.

If you did this because of RMS or his GPL then I think all of us owe him
a big 'thank you'.

Andre, I've been following this list for at least two years. Although I
contribute nothing except an occasional bug report I care about what
happens here and I and I care about the people who do contribute. I know
that includes you -- in a big way.

Please let me make some observations:

1) I admire anyone who speaks more than one language. I suspect that
includes you.

2) Much of the time I don't know what the hell you're talking about.
(I'll bet you a Porsche that I'm not the only one ;-)

3) You'll make back your expenses a lot faster if you'll get rid of
the Porsche.

4) I thank you for all your contributions to Open Source. I benefit
from your work every day and I want you to know that I appreciate it.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.182 / U:0.020 seconds]