SubjectRe: Nvidia and its choice to read the GPL "differently"
Date
    By "GNU" you mean the Hurd?

GNU means the entire system that we set out from the beginning to
develop. The Hurd is just one piece of GNU--it is the upper layer of
the kernel.

That's not nice at all. Just where
did you get your network stack from? How about the bulk of the
hardware drivers?

The TCP/IP implementation in the Hurd comes from Linux, but the Hurd
as a whole is very different from Linux. (There are no drivers in the
Hurd.)

Linux is a small part of the GNU/Linux system, but there are
various reasons to call it "GNU/Linux" than just "GNU". See
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html#justgnu.

So Freax is our kernel, and Linux is the OS.

Anyone for renaming this list to freax@vger.kernel.org?

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.112 / U:3.980 seconds]