SubjectRe: [RFC] irq handling code consolidation, second try (ppc part)

On 5 Jan 2003, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> Note that if we go the full way abstracting interrupts, then the
> interrupt "tree" should be separate from the device tree. The interrupt
> "parent" of a device may not be (and is not in a whole lot of cases I
> have to deal with on pmacs and embedded) the "bus" parent of a given
> device.

I disagree. The pmac braindamage is a pmac problem, and not worth
uglifying the generic device layer over. Besides, as far as I know, it is
trivially solved by just making the pmac irq controller be a root
controller, and that's it. There are no other irq controllers there that
are worth worrying about.

> Do you think this is still 2.5 work ?

No.

Linus

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.058 / U:3.536 seconds]