    SubjectRe: Scaring the non-geeks (was Bootscreen)
    * Balram Adlakha <b_adlakha@softhome.net> [030129 20:51]:
    > Exactly...
    > So now its justified that there SHOULD be such a thing, and it SHOULD be
    > WITHING THE KERNEL SOURCES because so many people will be using it and
    > we don't want so many patched kernels do we?
    > So now that there SHOULD be sucha thing, why not create a few implimentations
    > of it which actually work well and put them into the sources?
    > People seem to like MacOS X don't they? With a nice bootscreen, and with the
    > latest version of kde, won't linux be similiar/better than macOS to the
    > "click click" type users?

    There's one implementation that is used by UnitedLinux, Mandrake, SuSE,
    (and Gentoo?), patches are available at
    ftp.suse.com/pub/people/stepan/bootsplash/

    Stefan

    --
    The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be
    regarded as a criminal offense. -- E. W. Dijkstra