    SubjectRe: Bootscreen
    * Denis Vlasenko <> [030129 15:46]:
    > Yeah, dude, let's dumb down our users... don't allow them
    > to become curious and start learning.

    How would a graphical bootscreen keep them away from becoming curious?
    With my bootsplash patch you can either choose to hide the kernel
    messages completely, or have the boot messages scroll down on a
    graphical background. No information missing, it just looks a lot

    > Grown up, mature people are scared when they see letters
    > and numbers on the screen? On what planet am I?
    The world is just not just technophile freaks, sorry if this
    is new to you ;-)

    > And if someone *is* scared and totally non-curious, well...
    > do you want to have such a user? /me not.

    Freedom for those who are more equal than others.

    The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be
    regarded as a criminal offense. -- E. W. Dijkstra

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.022 / U:8.048 seconds]