    SubjectRe: Why is Nvidia given GPL'd code to use in closed source drivers?
    On Fri, 2003-01-03 at 05:12, Andre Hedrick wrote:
    > On 3 Jan 2003, Marco Monteiro wrote:
    > >
    > > It won't work? Most of the software you use is Free Software. I don't
    > > see anyone using Linux and not using Free software. I use only software
    > > that is Free, and I'm not limited by doing it, in any sense. And it
    > > won't work? It IS working.
    > >
    > > And I don't buy NVIDIA hardware.
    > Excellent you exercise your freedom of choice.
    > Now do not take away anyone elses and all is cool.
    > What is so hard about that?

    Nothing, indeed! But what is wrong about those who strive to make
    software Free for all?

    What Stallman and others do is to incentive people to make Free
    Software. I ask you, here and now, "Please, make all software that you
    write Free." What is wrong with this? I'm not taking away your freedom
    with this request. Then I say "I won't use your software because it is
    not Free.", and "Don't use software that is not Free." Again, what is
    the problem? It is really a good thing. Without all the Free Software
    there was and is, Linux would be a fraction of what is today. Without
    the GNU system, I, for one, would surely not run Linux!

    We must let people fight their battles. And the Free Software battle is
    a noble one!

    Marco Monteiro

    "If I cannot share it then I will not install it.
    If it requires me to mistreat others I would say no to it."
    --Richard Stallman

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.059 / U:76.932 seconds]