    SubjectRe: Why is Nvidia given GPL'd code to use in closed source drivers?
    On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Richard Stallman wrote:

    > We developed the GNU system for the sake of freedom, and freedom is
    > what really matters.

    IMHO such freedom should leave the option of not having free
    drivers to companies like Nvidia.

    Mind you that their freedom is more than compensated for by
    our freedom to decide to not buy their hardware and use hardware
    which does have free drivers instead.

    Have some faith in freedom, Richard...

    Rik
    http://www.surriel.com/ http://guru.conectiva.com/