    > A: What version of Linux? What exactly did the bird do before hanging?
    > his (her?) name is Tux
    > Q: Oh, yo mean like $BIG_DISTRO 10.7.3? Yep, Tux winked.
    > A. No, the kernel version... [longish explanation deleted]. And exactly
    > many times did he wink? Which wings? Did he waddle about? How many
    > steps? Did he blink? Did you install wink-blink-boot version 27.3, or
    > are you still with the older one?

    C'moon! It'd make IT so much more interesting and fun!
    Think of all the increased communication skills mankind
    would develop through this!

    Seriously, *laughs*, I don't think debugging user problems
    would escalate into such a scenario. Let me again point out
    my proposal:

    There is *one* line of boot messages shown. Whenever the
    System hangs, you will see the last message. Carefully
    designed messages will greatly help, of course.

    - Raphael

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.020 / U:3.144 seconds]