    SubjectRe: any brand recomendation for a linux laptop ?
    Hi!

    > Normally Motorola cpus turn of unused units to save power,
    > you might want to check that your system is really idle;
    > when running setiathome for instance my notebook also gets
    > warm and the battery is draining much faster (intersting
    > fact actually, since common belief is that the current drawn
    > by processor is far less that the sum of all other components).

    Well, the common belief is wrong. Wrong on
    notebooks (130 vs 75 min for omnibook xe3),
    wrong or zaurus (if you can live without frontlight
    CPU takes about as much as rest of system.
    --
    Pavel
    Written on sharp zaurus, because my Velo1 broke. If you have Velo you don't need...