    SubjectRe: no version magic, tainting kernel.
    On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Mark Fasheh wrote:

    > On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 12:58:40PM +1100, Rusty Russell wrote:
    > > And then you'll die horribly next time Kai or I change the way modules
    > > are built.
    > >
    > > Really, using the Makefiles is always the most future-proof way!
    > I've actually converted my stuff to use the Makefiles, which does simplify
    > things, but the problem I had was mainly with the whole vermagic.c stuff and
    > needing a full source tree + compiled objects (or having the tree writeable
    > by users who want to compile modules) around just to build my module.
    > Anyway, Joel Becker, Christian Zander and others have eloquently voiced my
    > complaints previously in this thread, so I won't go over them again :)
    >
    > As far as using the kernel build system, so far so good - it's nice, and
    > builds things correctly though I'm having some trouble getting it to
    > install my module correctly, which may just indicate that I need to re-read
    > the docs.

    The docs are kinda out-of-date, expect an update (thanks to Sam Ravnborg)
    soon. However, there aren't provisions for installing third party modules
    yet, so that's on my todo list together with the points above.

    --Kai

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:2.469 / U:0.480 seconds]