SubjectRe: any brand recomendation for a linux laptop ?
On Sun, 2003-01-26 at 23:26, Daniel Egger wrote:
> Get a decent distribution. :)

debian i suppose? ;)

> 152 is nothing....

I was hoping so ;)

> This is not normal. Since the kernel doesn't know either the usable
> frequencies, your version of the cpu and no doze mode is available
> for this type, your energy savings are almost nil at the moment and this
> should definitely be rectified. I cannot imagine Apple built a CPU into
> a PowerBook which doesn't support some kind of throttling, because it
> would kill their statement under their OS, too.

OK, well just for your info, I added an entry in the cputable for
rev2.1, identical flags to the 2.0 entry and nothing has changed. Still
no cpufreq data, case is still warm all over. I put debug messages in to
my pmac_cpufreq.c and I get the following:

HID1, before: 80016c0
HID1, after: 16080

> Unfortunately I'll have a whole bunch of nasty tests the following week
> and thus cannot check back with the manuals at the moment; feel free to
> send me a reminder in a week or so.

Cool will do! I'd be very interested to see any ppc/powermac manuals you
may have. I've not been able to find much myself (just instruction
reference and stuff from motorola). If you could send me URLs that would
great.

--
// Gianni Tedesco (gianni at scaramanga dot co dot uk)
lynx --source www.scaramanga.co.uk/gianni-at-ecsc.asc | gpg --import

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.092 / U:1.792 seconds]