    SubjectRe: restructuring of filesystems config menu
    On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Randy.Dunlap wrote:

    > Hi,
    > > Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 07:57:33 -0500 (EST)
    > > From: Robert P. J. Day <>
    > > Subject: restructuring of filesystems config menu
    > >
    > > i've attached a gzipped patch against 2.5.56 for reorganizing
    > > the filesystem menu under "make xconfig", and i'm certainly
    > > open to feedback/comments/criticism/large sums of money.
    > I finally looked at this on 2.5.59. The fs menu certainly
    > needs some help/work, so I'd like to see you keep plugging away
    > at this. I didn't see much feedback -- was there feedback?
    > Maybe on a different subject/thread? A newer version that I
    > missed?

    nope, didn't get much feedback. i sent the patch directly to
    linus but it hasn't yet been added. perhaps in 2.5.60?

    > I find it odd that "help" in a Kconfig file can be spelled
    > "help" or "---help---", but "--help--" leads to errors.

    i did notice some strange parsing rules there.

    > I expected to just see the filesystems listed in alpha order,
    > but I don't have a problem with the groupings that you
    > have made for them.

    i thought about alphabetical order, but i settled on the more
    common options at the top, and the more obscure ones further

    if i don't see a patch incorporated in a subsequent release, am
    i supposed to submit it again? what's the proper protocol?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.096 / U:0.828 seconds]