    Subjectreturn-type for search_extable()
    Hi Rusty,

    Could you please change the return-type of search_extable() to
    something that allows a bit more flexibility? The value returned by
    this function is "something that lets architecture-specific code
    recover from a memory-managment-fault". This may or may not be the
    same as an exception_table_entry. For example, on ia64, I want to
    return an already-relocated fixup-word. Perhaps the cleanest way to
    fix this would be to have:

    exception_fixup_t search_extable (...);

    By default, you could then use

    typedef struct exception_table_entry *exception_fixup_t;

    and on ia64 I could use:

    typedef long exception_fixup_t.

    The only restriction on exception_fixup_t would be that it's a type
    that can be tested for being equal to zero and, if it is zero, it
    would mean that there is no exception-table entry.

    Alternatively, we could make search_extable() just always return a
    "void *" or a "long", but that's less clear and less type-safe.

    --david

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.022 / U:30.428 seconds]