    SubjectRe: Simple patches for Linux as a guest OS in a plex86 VM (please consider)

    --- Andrew Morton <akpm@digeo.com> wrote:

    > Kinda cruel making you do all this work when Linus is unlikely to take the
    > patch anyway ;)

    If there's a misunderstanding of the potential here, of the commercial
    potential, or the user-demand for these patches (which now touch
    absolutely no existing *.{c,S,h} files, then I'm willing to communicate
    those things to whomever needs it.

    This is not a toy. The goal is not to continue modifying the kernel
    or make anybody's life hard. The contrary is true - I don't want
    any modifications. These are extremely simple patches to fix one
    pair of broken instructions in PVI mode.

    Coming from an x86 company, I'm betting Linus will get this
    in a nano-second. Let's not speak for him.

    -Kevin