SubjectRe: Aic7xxx 6.2.28 and Aic79xx 1.3.0 Released
>    From: "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
> Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 20:56:38 -0700
>
> And when it happened the first time, you didn't bother to tell
> me? Why? So you could act slighted later?
>
> Because it is your duty as maintainer to watch what changes
> (especially build fixes) go into Linus's and Marcelo's tree.

That's like saying that its Linus's or Marcelo's responsibility
to catch whether you or anyone else submits a bogus/broken change
to their tree. Nobody catches everything all the time and mistakes,
bugs, etc. get merged into 2.4.X and 2.5.X every day. Such is life,
especially in a volunteer project where nobody has a duty or
reponsibility to do anything at all.

If a change or bugfix to my driver is important to you, send it to
me and it will not get missed. That's what everyone except you does,
and interestingly enough, you are the only one complaining. 8-)

--
Justin