SubjectRe: ksoftirqd_CPU0 spinning in 2.4.21-pre3
Robert Olsson wrote:
> Ben Greear writes:
> > I happened to notice that my ksoftirqd_CPU0 process started spinning
> > at 99% CPU when I plugged in the ports to a tulip NIC. I didn't see
> > any significant amount of interrupts when I looked at /proc/interrupts,
> > and there was no traffic running.
> >
> > However, this is also running a hacked up tulip-napi driver, so it
> > could very well be my problem. I have not seen this on any other kernel
> > in several months though...
> >
> > Anyway, if anyone has seen this, I'd like to know. Otherwise, I'll blame
> > my code and start poking at things...
>
> Well it can be normal operation if box is highly loaded...

There was zero network load on the box. I think there must be a bug in
my napi-ization of the tulip driver. Since I coppied it almost verbatim
from your stuff, you might want to check too :)

Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com> <Ben_Greear AT excite.com>
President of Candela Technologies Inc http://www.candelatech.com