SubjectRe: Ask devices to powerdown before S3 sleep
Hi!

> > > panic() is a bit on the extreme side no? I know diddly about ACPI and
> > > the current code, but can't you check for _PS3 methods or _S3D mappings
> > > for your devices before hand to be certain that the system can even go
> > > down to S3 somewhat reliably?
> >
> > At this point, you already DISABLED half of devices, and you don't
> > even know *which* ones. You can't just send them ENABLE and hope it
> > works.
>
> I meant checking before you even attempt starting the process of doing S3.

All devices should support that -- BIOS should not advertise S3 if it
can not do that, and kernel should be fixed to work.

Pavel
--
Casualities in World Trade Center: ~3k dead inside the building,
cryptography in U.S.A. and free speech in Czech Republic.