SubjectRe: Ask devices to powerdown before S3 sleep
Hi!

> > SUSPEND_RESUME phase is needed for turning off IO-APIC. [I believe
> > SUSPEND_DISABLE should be so simple that errors just should not be
> > there, and besides we would not know how to safely enable devices from
> > such weird state, anyway]. Please apply,
>
> panic() is a bit on the extreme side no? I know diddly about ACPI and
> the current code, but can't you check for _PS3 methods or _S3D mappings
> for your devices before hand to be certain that the system can even go
> down to S3 somewhat reliably?

At this point, you already DISABLED half of devices, and you don't
even know *which* ones. You can't just send them ENABLE and hope it
works.
Pavel
--
Casualities in World Trade Center: ~3k dead inside the building,
cryptography in U.S.A. and free speech in Czech Republic.