SubjectBios interrupts
Hi,
1) i don't exactly understand the ports (Bios data).
I also understand that linux does override the bios
functions so that more functionality is acheived.

2) Can you send the standard ports for use and i may
later use inb and
oub on those ports for data exchange.

3) Also what does jmp short $+2 instruction do ?How
can i change it into AT&T syntax or inline assembly
? Also what does instruction "in al,64h" do .
I found these on the net.They are dos code i
assume. Is "in" same as mov .
If not how do they differ ? The article was named
Enabling the A20 line.
(never mind the article).
It somewhere says enable .
Any idea where can i change into AT&T syntax.It is
in Intel syntax.
Any idea of sleep instruction in assembly. I tried
but couldn't find .
I tried a couple of jmps but it never slows down
.How to make the pc sleep
(asm instruction for sleep (CPU idle).I put 16000
jmps loops but didn't
slow down a bit .

4) If possible please explain how to use keyboard in
a similar manner.
(If time permits then simple mouse code).

5)I don't understand the keyboard interrupts 0x64 ,
mouse 0x33 and in some
sites i see the keyboard controllers as 0x64
where as in some sites the
code contains 0x10.So what should i use in my
program.

6) Is there any documentation for these ports to
read and write data.