SubjectRe: Re: switching to interrupt contex when no interrupts
Date
Hello,

I used

asm volatile ("int 41");

in my code.
My card's irq number is 9.
I get the error message.

Error: suffix or operabds invalid for 'in'

This is the case, if I change the 41 to 0x29 or 29h.

Where can I get some documentation on using asm?

Warm Regards
Arun

"george anzinger" wrote:

george anzinger wrote:

> arun4linux wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > <> > interrupt handler.
> >
> > <> >
> > You will get a better answer from the list if you describe what you are trying to do (in concrete terms), not how you think you might do it.

> > I need to simulate this PCI device, its interrupts in sequence and I have to process them in my driver software.
> >
> > Hope this make sense now.
> >
> > Anyway, my requrirement is to simulate the interrupts and process them in the interrupt context.
> >
> > It would be helpful, if anyone could help me how to do it.
> > My idea is to use task queues and bottom halves for this. But I'd like to get clarified on simulating interrupts (rasing the process/task context to interrupt context) and its consequences.
> >
> Why simulate the interrupts when you can just program them?
> On the x86 machine the "int x" instruction generates an
> interrupt to irq "x"+32. You do need to be in kernel land
> to do this, but then I assume that is not a problem.

Uh, make that "x"-32, i.e. "int 34" give irq 2.

-g