    SubjectRe: Re: switching to interrupt contex when no interrupts
    Date
    Hello,

    I used

    asm volatile ("int 41");

    in my code.
    My card's irq number is 9.
    I get the error message.

    Error: suffix or operabds invalid for 'in'

    This is the case, if I change the 41 to 0x29 or 29h.

    Where can I get some documentation on using asm?

    Warm Regards
    Arun

    "george anzinger" wrote:

    george anzinger wrote:

    > arun4linux wrote:
    > >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > <> > interrupt handler.
    > >
    > > <> >
    > > You will get a better answer from the list if you describe what you are trying to do (in concrete terms), not how you think you might do it.

    > > I need to simulate this PCI device, its interrupts in sequence and I have to process them in my driver software.
    > >
    > > Hope this make sense now.
    > >
    > > Anyway, my requrirement is to simulate the interrupts and process them in the interrupt context.
    > >
    > > It would be helpful, if anyone could help me how to do it.
    > > My idea is to use task queues and bottom halves for this. But I'd like to get clarified on simulating interrupts (rasing the process/task context to interrupt context) and its consequences.
    > >
    > Why simulate the interrupts when you can just program them?
    > On the x86 machine the "int x" instruction generates an
    > interrupt to irq "x"+32. You do need to be in kernel land
    > to do this, but then I assume that is not a problem.

    Uh, make that "x"-32, i.e. "int 34" give irq 2.

    -g