    SubjectRe: any brand recomendation for a linux laptop ?
    Am Fre, 2003-01-17 um 14.54 schrieb Henning P. Schmiedehausen:

    > One button mouse. Unusable keyboard --> Trash Can. An Apple notebook is
    > nice for, well, DVD watching and web surfing. Not for real work.

    FUD. The keyboard is a matter of taste and I for one haven't seen a
    better one fitting my typing needs. One mouse button is not a problem
    on the road, because I rarely need a mouse at all and the others are
    emulated. When really needing a mouse a trackpad is not a solution
    anyway because it often doesn't come with a scrollwheel (which would
    disqualify most notebooks but a few Sony Vaios anyway), solution is
    an external mouse which I always have with me (and also had to have with
    any other notebook I had so far FWIW).

    You can see quite a few developers in the opensource scene with an Apple
    notebook and you would be surprised where some applications would be
    today if those notebooks where "not for real work".

    --
    Servus,
    Daniel

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.020 / U:93.092 seconds]