SubjectRe: Changing argv[0] under Linux.
    Hi Tethys :)

> > See the previous messages. I want to avoid mounting /proc.
> Yes, I'd read them, but obviously missed the need to avoid /proc.

Let's say that there is no need to avoid /proc, but things like
those must be the last resort, because the problems they introduce
are bigger than the problem they help to solve :)

> I assume the idea behind this is for some very low memory embedded
> device. Sounds interesting (and actually, one of the few legitimate
> reasons I've seen for wanting to override argv[0]!).

Yes, vcinit was designed for a reduced embedded device. And it
was very interesting (well, at first...) but now the work rests in
the heaven of abandonware ;)))

> Without /proc, I can't think of any easy way of doing it, short of
> wading through /dev/kmem :-)

Ouch! ;)))

Raúl

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.032 / U:0.112 seconds]