SubjectRe: MB without keyboard controller / USB-only keyboard ?
On Thu, 9 Jan 2003 23:24:59 +0100
Vojtech Pavlik <vojtech@suse.cz> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 11:42:47AM +0100, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > how do I work with a mb that contains no keyboard controller, but has only
> > USB for keyboard and mouse?
> > While booting the kernel I get:
> >
> > pc_keyb: controller jammed (0xFF)
> >
> > (a lot of these :-)
> >
> > and afterwards I cannot use the USB keyboard.
> > Everything works with a mb that contains a keyboard-controller, but where I
> > use a USB keyboard.
>
> Get 2.5. ;) It should work without a kbd controller ... you can even
> disable it in the kernel config ...

Nice idea, but not acceptable as this setup is for production use, you simply
won't do that.
It would be helpful if there was a kernel parameter for disabling the
keyboard(-check) in 2.4. We found out that disabling it as kernel patch is not
the right way, as standard setups with keyboard controller do not work any
longer afterwards. This is a setup where user should be able to choose...
The box contains a BIOS where I can type around with USB-keyboard, btw.

--
Regards,
Stephan