SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] contest benchmark v0.60
On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 02:16:48PM +1100, Con Kolivas wrote:
> Ok some mildly annoying bugs have already shown up in this release.
>
> I've put up a contest-0.61pre on the contest website that addresses the one
> which ruins the results and has some of the changes going into 0.61

Con/Aggelos,

What was the motivation for re-writing in C?

I've done some hacking on the old version here, and so I realise that
such a big shell script was getting a little out of hand, but surely
perl or python is a better option for this application?

If it's going to stay in C maybe we could integrate profiling support
from /proc/profile, bypassing readprofile? One of the guys here
recently wanted to get profiling information from his program, and it
would have been really good to have a library that could reset, start,
pause and return in some format the profiling data. If you think your
users might be interested in profile outputs I can write something
maybe we can both use.

-i
ianw@gelato.unsw.edu.au
http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.045 / U:2.144 seconds]