SubjectRe: [patch 2.5] 2-pass PCI probing, generic part
On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Greg KH wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 02:39:47PM -0500, Scott Murray wrote:
> >
> > Since the lack of resource reservation currently is keeping CompactPCI
> > hot insertion from working properly, I have a strong interest in getting
> > something in place before 2.6. I've got a completely manual (kernel
> > command-line parameter controlled) reservation patch[1] against 2.4 that
> > I could start updating, but I've always thought there must be a more
> > elegant way to do things than the somewhat crude fixup approach I used
> > in it. I'm willing to try coding up something if you or anyone else
> > have some ideas as to what would be an acceptable solution.
>
> Didn't people say that your reservation patch looked fine for 2.5?
> But that was a while ago, and you never sent it... :)

I went through my archived mail, and you're absolutely right, I had just
totally forgotten about that discussion. I'll try and cook up a version
of my manual resource reservation patch against current 2.5 starting
tomorrow.

Scott

--
Scott Murray