SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.21-pre3-ac3 and KT400
Edward Tandi wrote:

>I'm new to this list and most of the e-mail here seems to be very
>low-level, so I'm not so sure if this is the right forum for these kinds
>of questions -please do point me in the right direction...
>
>I am running Linux on an ASUS A7V8X, VIA KT400 chipset motherboard. The
>processor is a 1.5GHz Athlon XP. I started experimenting with new-ish
>kernels again because of the general lack of kernel support for this
>chipset in stock kernels. 3 questions below:
>

>1) I have 1GB ram, but I cannot get high memory support to work. It
>falls over during boot. I've seen discussions about AMD cache issues,
>but has it been fixed yet? Is it supposed to work?

Have you tried to forcing the amount of memory? Try something short
of you expected total. Maybe "mem=1000M".

--
There is no such thing as obsolete hardware.
Merely hardware that other people don't want.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.052 / U:4.220 seconds]