    SubjectRe: system freezes when using udma on promise pdc20268
    Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:

    >Hi!
    >
    >I experience cold freezes of my new system reproducably (can still
    >toggle numlock, but on alt+sysrq+t it freezes completely, watchdog_nmi=1
    >does not help so no printout over serial console) when I enable any
    >udma mode >0 using the old or new pdc202xx driver.
    >
    >However the system seems to work stably (as far I can tell) when using
    >the mdma0 or pio modes.
    >
    >The setup is asus a7v8x with sound/ide/firewire onboard. Two 180GB WDC
    >WD1800JB-00DUA0 on the primary and secondary internal VIA controller and
    >3 drives on two pdc20268, where the third hard disk is on the secondary
    >controller (I explain later why!). All harddisk are jumpered to be
    >master's.

    Are you stating this correctly. You've got 2 drives on the PDC20268
    on a single ide chain jumpered as masters? You should have one jumpered
    as a master and a as a slave. A single ide chain can have only one master.

    --
    There is no such thing as obsolete hardware.
    Merely hardware that other people don't want.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.025 / U:29.452 seconds]