SubjectRe: Moderated forum for linux-kernel
Hi Andrew!

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Andrew Walrond wrote:

> Better Thread organisation and seperate topic areas for drivers,
> patches, ide, ...

Doesnt a good mail client manage this well. I'm using procmail to filter
certain patterns in lkml subjects into different mailboxes.

> Moderated forums (Off-topic threads policed and deleted)

I guess this is just way too much work for the moderator ;)
You know how much mail traffic this list produces. Someone, most of the
people here do all the work past their real job, I guess.

> Read only forums (write for registered/invited members)

The linux kernel development relies on the work and efforts of all the
diligent people here. What if there is an important topic on this read-only
list and there are people who have some useful information to contribute?

Best regards,
Axel Siebenwirth

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans