    SubjectRe: Moderated forum for linux-kernel
    Hi Andrew!

    On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Andrew Walrond wrote:

    > Better Thread organisation and seperate topic areas for drivers,
    > patches, ide, ...

    Doesnt a good mail client manage this well. I'm using procmail to filter
    certain patterns in lkml subjects into different mailboxes.

    > Moderated forums (Off-topic threads policed and deleted)

    I guess this is just way too much work for the moderator ;)
    You know how much mail traffic this list produces. Someone, most of the
    people here do all the work past their real job, I guess.

    > Read only forums (write for registered/invited members)

    The linux kernel development relies on the work and efforts of all the
    diligent people here. What if there is an important topic on this read-only
    list and there are people who have some useful information to contribute?

    Best regards,
    Axel Siebenwirth

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.022 / U:12.028 seconds]