SubjectRe: any chance of 2.6.0-test*?
Mr. Love,

I posted a minor change to the floppy driver which no one commented on
earlier (probably in wrong form)-- three times now (once in unified diff
format).. And you might even say that the message you quoted was kernel
code that I was posting since I posted alternate code to linus' code.

As per whether I post more than the developers here, it's only because I
don't have a job, so I've got more free time than they do. I can't help
it. If they're busier than me, I wouldn't expect them to waste time
writing conversational messages about the kernel.

-Rob

On Sun, 2003-01-12 at 15:31, Robert Love wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-01-12 at 14:34, Rob Wilkens wrote:
>
> > I'm REALLY opposed to the use of the word "goto" in any code where
> > it's not needed. OF course, I'm a linux kernel newbie, so I'm in
> > no position to comment
>
> We use goto's extensively in the kernel. They generate fast, tight
> code.
>
> There is nothing wrong with being a newbie, but there is something wrong
> with voicing ignorance. "Learn first, form opinions later".
>
> When you start posting more than most of the developers here, combined,
> and none of your posts are contributive kernel code, there is a problem.
>
> Robert Love
>
> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.246 / U:1.612 seconds]