SubjectRe: Nvidia and its choice to read the GPL "differently"
Rob Wilkens wrote:

>The reality of the world is that those languages (well, I can only
>really speak for delphi, which is also available for linux), let you
>build on other people's code (or other code you've written) and actually
>do something useful without reinventing the wheel every time you want to
>accomplish something.

Now I've really grown tired of that line over the course of my career.
It's not a matter of what language you are using, it's all about good
design and reuse. I've got plenty of C libraries and C++ classes (and
now some Java classes) I wrote way back in the Ice Age that, in some
form or another, myself and a lot of others still use today.

The true "reality" of those languages is that they are designed for so
called "developers" that cannot possibly comprehend the operations and
information that the language hides from them!

OK, so I'm partially joking in that last statement :) Remember the old
acronym "RAD"? I will certainly give credit to tools like Delphi in that
respect (Visual Basic, however, makes me sick - Basic should have died
with the Commodore 64 and TRS80).

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.101 / U:1.908 seconds]