    SubjectRe: XFS?
    Thunder from the hill <thunder@lightweight.ods.org> writes:

    > Hi,
    >
    > On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, khromy wrote:
    > > What's up with XFS in linux-2.5? I've seen some patches sent to the list
    > > but I havn't seen any replies from linus.. What needs to be done to
    > > finally merge it?
    >
    > It has been stated quite regularly that XFS
    > a) doesn't always work like it should yet

    That's quite bogus. While not being perfect XFS just works fine for lots
    of people in production and performs very well for a lot of tasks.

    > b) involves some changes which Linus doesn't like in particular, for
    > pretty good reasons.

    I think that's FUD too. That last patch had 6 lines or so of changes
    to generic code, everything else was already merged.

    I guess it just ended up in Linus' spam filters, like some other things...

    -Andi

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.028 / U:29.052 seconds]