SubjectRe: XFS?
Thunder from the hill <thunder@lightweight.ods.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, khromy wrote:
> > What's up with XFS in linux-2.5? I've seen some patches sent to the list
> > but I havn't seen any replies from linus.. What needs to be done to
> > finally merge it?
>
> It has been stated quite regularly that XFS
> a) doesn't always work like it should yet

That's quite bogus. While not being perfect XFS just works fine for lots
of people in production and performs very well for a lot of tasks.

> b) involves some changes which Linus doesn't like in particular, for
> pretty good reasons.

I think that's FUD too. That last patch had 6 lines or so of changes
to generic code, everything else was already merged.

I guess it just ended up in Linus' spam filters, like some other things...

-Andi

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans