SubjectRe: Question about pseudo filesystems
Date
On Monday 09 September 2002 21:48, Jamie Lokier wrote:
> The expected behaviour is as it has always been: rmmod fails if anyone
> is using the module, and succeeds if nobody is using the module. The
> garbage collection of modules is done using "rmmod -a" periodically, as
> it always has been.

Actually, it would be more useful if I stated the following simple fact:
Returning a flag from __exit definitively gets rid of one race, that is
the race where a module's memory can be freed while __exit is active.

To get rid of this race by other means you have to put in place some
fancy mechanism. This alone should be enough reason to do it the way
I suggest, besides the fact that it is a simpler, more obvious and more
robust interface.

--
Daniel