SubjectRe: Western Digital hard drive and DMA
> if you have noisy cables and someone turns off udma,
> yes, you could certainly see corruption. if you can
> possibly ever use udma, it's a very good idea to do so;

How do I enable UDMA as opposed to just DMA? I was having trouble with DMA,
but no trouble (other than VERY slow access) without DMA. I have an 80
conductor cable SOMEWHERE (probably in the bottom of a box in the basement
lol) but im almost certain the cables in there now arent more than 18 inches,
as its a fairly stock Dell system, and has the original ribbon cables.

--
Adam Jaskiewicz
adamjaskie@yahoo.com