    SubjectNewbie kernel buffer question
    I am new to Linux (but not kernel development) and am developing a
    kernel-mode driver
    that needs to read/write a raw disk device. I have been unable to find a
    way to map a
    kernel buffer for use with block_read() and/or block_write().
    Are there alternate calls to block_read/write that will allow use of a
    kernel-mode buffer,
    or can it be done with MMAP? I am considering a temp hack of having a user
    do an OPEN on my device and pass a user-space buffer to me for my use. Note
    the driver does NOT use the normal driver interface, but is an autonomous

    Thanks for any help!

    Chuck Gibson
    Principal Engineer
    Corporate Technology Group
    Adaptec, Inc.
    (408) 957-2084

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.022 / U:18.092 seconds]