Subject[patch] Version 2 of the Linux IPMI driver
I've cleaned a few things up and fixed some minor bugs.  The only big
change is renaming the "unused" address to the "system interface"
address (which makes a heck of a lot more sense). I'm working on
userland tools that will tie in to this and to LAN/ICMB stuff, and there
I saw the need for the name. I still haven't tested interrupt-driven
operation, but that's really a rather minor concern since almost no
boards support it and the driver will work without it.

You can get the patch on my web page at http://home.attbi.com/~minyard,
relative to 2.5.33 or 2.4.19. The patch is fairly self-contained, so it
should be easy to port to other kernel versions.

The lanana guy is not available for a while, so I'm not getting a device
number in the near future, but I think it's ready for the 2.5 release.
Does this need more time, or is it ready for inclusion?

-Corey

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.035 / U:1.268 seconds]