    SubjectRe: Early SPECWeb99 results on 2.5.33 with TSO on e1000
    From
       From: Gerrit Huizenga <gh@us.ibm.com>
    Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 11:57:39 -0700

    Out of curiosity, and primarily for my own edification, what kind
    of optimization does it do when everything is generated by a java/
    perl/python/homebrew script and pasted together by something which
    consults a content manager. In a few of the cases that I know of,
    there isn't really any static content to cache... And why is this
    something that Apache couldn't/shouldn't be doing?

    The kernel exec's the CGI process from the TUX server and pipes the
    output directly into a networking socket.

    Because it is cheaper to create a new fresh user thread from within
    the kernel (ie. we don't have to fork() apache and thus dup it's
    address space), it is faster.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.021 / U:0.108 seconds]