   From: Gerrit Huizenga <>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 11:57:39 -0700

Out of curiosity, and primarily for my own edification, what kind
of optimization does it do when everything is generated by a java/
perl/python/homebrew script and pasted together by something which
consults a content manager. In a few of the cases that I know of,
there isn't really any static content to cache... And why is this
something that Apache couldn't/shouldn't be doing?

The kernel exec's the CGI process from the TUX server and pipes the
output directly into a networking socket.

Because it is cheaper to create a new fresh user thread from within
the kernel (ie. we don't have to fork() apache and thus dup it's
address space), it is faster.