    SubjectRe: 2.4.19-ac4 build problem

    >No, because it works just fine when you build the USB drivers as
    >modules, and the Input core as modules, which is what the majority of
    >people do.

    In that case, let's add this to the help screens for the three device
    types (CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBDEV, CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV, CONFIG_INPUT_JOYDEV),
    after the current text:

    For the drivers to link correctly, you must make the same selection (Y or
    M) here as for the USB Human Interface Device (full HID) support.

    Under CONFIG_USB_HID, likewise add after the current text:

    For the drivers to link correctly, you must make the same selection (Y or
    M) here as for Input core support.

    That said, I suggest that Input core support menu be moved into the USB
    support menu, where these dependency relations can be automated and made
    visible to the user.

    I apologize for not submitting a patch -- it's a skill I lack.

    Cheers,
    Peter.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.022 / U:0.752 seconds]